Published work :
Cultural folk arts of Mithila (Mithila Ki Sanskritik Lokchitrakala मिथिला की सांस्कृतिक लोक चित्रकला). Published in 1962. It was published with the financial Assistance of Government of India and Bihar. The work was highly appreciated by the then President of India Dr. S. Radhakrishnan. the Ex. President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Prof. Humayun Kabir. Rai Krishna Das. K. Shrimali. Ananthashyanam Ayangyar etc. II.
Unpublished Work :
(a) Kamasutra of Vatsyayana (Fully illustrated containing one hundred and fifteen colour plates). (चित्रमय वात्स्यायन कामसूत्र)
(b) Yantra-rahasya (यन्त्ररहस्य (Mysteries of Yantras) : A rare work on Tantrik Art.
(c) Vindu-rahasya (विन्दुरहस्य)(Fully illustrated): A rare work on ‘Tantric Art.
(d) Swabhiman स्वाभिमान – A pictorial epic.
(e) Chitralekha चित्रलेखा- A historical Drama.
(f) Several Articles and poems.
A) Crest of L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga.
B) Cover page painting of the first number of Mithila Mihir. a celebrated weekly of Bihar,
C) Postal stamp on Vidyapati, released by Postal & Telegraph Department, Government of India.
Paintings Preserved in Different Museums and Art Galleries
1) State Chandradhari Museum, Darbhanga. Bihar.
a) A rare painting of Tripura Sundari (त्रिपुरसुन्दरी), one of the most celebrated deities of Indian Mythology.
b) A large volume of rare paintings based on the Classical Ragas and Raginis.
c) Vidyapati Chitravali, a volume of paintings based on the songs of the great poet Vidyapati.
d) A rare painting on Prakriti-Pursusha. (प्रकृति-पुरुष)
e) Jara Aur Yauvana (जरा और यौवन)- Painting based on Indian Philosophy of Life.
f) A large volume of Paintings based on Tantric Lata Sadhana तान्त्रिक लता साधना (Tantric Practices)
g) A large number of Mural and Floral Paintings of Mithila.
2) Kameshvara Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Darbhanga Gallery
a) Khandavala Kula rare oil painting on Genealogy of Khandavalas. (खण्डवलाकुल वंशावली)
3) In the private collection of Dr. Adityanath Jha. Ex. Lieutenant Governor. Delhi.
a) A painting entitled Dream of Mayadevi. based on Buddhist Philosophy.
b) Some paintings on Tantric Art.
4) In the private collection of Raibahadur Umashankar Prasad of Muzaffarpur
a) Several paintings on Indian Mythology’.
5) In the Private Collection of Baboo Jagadish Nandan Singh of Madhubani Estate.
a) A large oil painting of Radha-Krishna.
b) A large oil painting of Sita-Rama
c) Several oil paintings of famous Indian Dancers.
- Kerala Art Gallery. Trivandrum inaugurated by Dr, Zakir Husain
- Exhibition of paintings in Azad Bhavan. Delhi. inaugurated by Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, the then prime Minister of India.
- Vidyapati-Chitravali विद्यापति चित्रावली, organized by Chetna Samiti. Patna. Bihar.
- Exhibition of Paintings organized by Khadi Gramodyoga. Madhubani.
- Exhibition of his paintings organised by Government of Bihar on the occasion of foundation laying ceremony of Western Kosi Canal. This exhibition was inaugurated at Khojapur in Madhubani district by Lalit Narayan Mishra, the then Union Railway Minister, Government of India.
- Several Exhibitions organized by Visheshweshwar Kala Niketan Darbhanga.
Honours and Awards received
- Gold Medal on Vidyapati Chitravali विद्यापति चित्रावली. awarded by Vidyapati-Gosthi of Sarisab-Pahi.
- Certificate of honour by Mithila University.
- Letters of recommendation by several dignitaries viz. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan. Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Prof. Humayun Kabir, Rai Krishnadas, K. Shrimali, J.C. Mathur, Dr. Amarnath Jha, Dr. Adityanath Jha etc.
- Honoured by Chetna Samiti. Bihar in 1977.
-Informed by his son Dr. Mitranath Jha